The Juice Journal – Volume 7
Hello sweet summertime! While our team has been enjoying the warm weather and sunshine, our days have been anything but lazy! This quarter we’ve been beating the Georgia heat by keeping busy creating imaginative and exciting events for our clients.
This quarter we executed a range of fabulous programs including bringing the outdoors-in for a corprate group at the Loews, complete with farm tables and tin buckets filled with greenery and sunflowers. We created an interactive casino and game night for a group of interns at the Wyndham in Peachtree City. Even the Beluga Whales got to get in on the action this past quarter, as Juice assisted with a magical event at the Georgia Aquarium Ballroom. Highlights include a photo op featuring a 3-dimensional ship wreck facade, live bubble entertainment, and an underwater-inspired salon in the prefunction space. This was a true WOW factor event that blew attendees away!
In addition to our exciting and busy quarter of programs, we added two new members to our team for our annual internship program: Christina Jones and Halle Addison. They are Atlanta natives who have been interning with us for the summer before heading back to college for their senior years (Christina attends the Univeristy of South Carolina, while Halle is a student at Auburn University). These ladies have been wonderful orange and pink additions to our team. We have enjoyed providing them with first hand knowledge and experience that will help further their careers.
Juice Event Spotlight: The Week We Painted the Town Pink
Did you happen to see pink and orange at every hot restaurant, venue, and attraction in June? During one “SuperBowl” of a week in June, we assisted three different clients concurrently in what added up to be a total of over 1,500 attendees – all transfered round trip to/from Hartsfield-Jackson. With a large number of attendees came over 220 vehicles and of course Juice Studios staff to ensure all of our guests had smooth travels. We had 96 staff members help Juice as we executed this exciting and busy week, working over 530 hours total (not including drivers)! The highlights of this week included a 16 restaurant dine-around, a day of tours with six custom itineraries, and an underwater experience at the Georgia Aquarium.
Attendees were able to see just how much our great city has to offer – especially in a short amount of time. One of the largest dinearounds in Juice history, 500 guests were split up into groups going to some of Atlanta’s many A-List Restaurants such as Chops Lobster Bar, Miller Union, Rathbun’s, and Lure. An adventurous day of touring took place at Turner Field, The High Museum of Art, The World of Coke, the CNN Center, and so many more of Atlanta’s awesome sites!
To end our SuperBowl week in style, we created a mixed metal look with luxurious gold and shimmering silver accented decor to fill the ballroom at the Atlanta Marriott Marquis for an Awards Banquet. A beautiful display of gilded succulents with beaded chandeliers and votives were used as centerpieces to tie together this mixed metal look. It was a perfect ending to our eventful week! We owe a huge thank you to the over 34 vendors who helped us execute all of these events – success is not possible without excellent partnerships.
So what are you waiting for? Let Juice Studios’ imagination bring your next event to life – we tackle every event with creativity and precision no matter the nature of your event or where the setting.
What’s Hot Right Now – Meeting & Event Trends We’re Crushing On
- Contemporary Cocktails ~ There is an ever growing demand for imaginative drinks to pair with all of the gourmet catering trends. We have seen tea infusions, herbal, and floral ingredients take stage. Tea bars and custom drink mixing stations are all the rage to get your guests interacting – our signature muddling action stations have thrilled the senses of hundreds of attendees while also teaching them about one of mixology’s key elements – muddling.
- Scream for Ice Cream…Sandwiches ~ Cool down your taste buds with exciting ice cream sandwich creations. For inspiration on the art of the reimagined ice cream sandwich look no further than Jeni’s Splendid Ice Cream or Atlanta’s Atomic Ice Cream Sandwich where ice cream artisans are perfecting these delectable treats creative taste twists. How about a build your own ice cream sandwich bar at your next event?
- Adventure Activities ~ Attendees are bored with the same old activities – we’re seing a demand for exciting activities that take people outside of their comfort zone. Hot air balloon rides? Zip-lining? Or maybe even swimming with the sharks at the Georiga Aquarium? Nothing says fun and memorable like getting your group out of their comfort zone! Sharing adventures will bring your group together in a unique way.
Juice Team Member Spotlight: Kris Hammett
One of Juice’s two “Krises,” Kris Hammett has over 16 years of experience in the hospitality industry. Kris is all about developing successful relationships for mutual benefit: this means creativity, service, client advocacy, fiscal accountability and overcoming challenges along the way. Her focus is always on problem solving, innnovating until the right solution presents itself. She may be small in stature but her creativity and energy is an enormous inspiration to the team.
Here are some fun facts about Kris:
- Where is your favorite Southern tradition?
Catching fireflies in mason jars, it is just so magical!
- Where were you born and raised?
I am a true Southerner – Brevard, North Carolina.
- What is your favorite place to shop?
ANYWHERE. Seriously 🙂
- Favorite Atlanta Restaurant:
Currently, St. Cecilia! Between the environment and the short rib agnolotti, it is truly my happy place right now!
- Fun fact about Kris:
It may seem like an unlikely setting for me, but I LOVE camping. Campfires are my favorite part…I just can’t get enough s’mores!